Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Well, we've been home with Jules now for just over a week, and so far, so good! She is such a sweet, peaceful baby (let's hope that continues!). Jules eats every 1 to 3 hours, and sleeps for about 3 hours at a time during the night. Wills has been just awesome with her. The first thing he does when he gets home is ask about his baby sister, then he comes to her and kisses her forehead. He tries to get her to grab his fingers and his nose (I think he got that from a Little Critter book that he has about a new baby). Wills has definitely been a little whiny, but I guess that is to be expected. Overall, he is doing great with this change in our family.

Jules had her 1 week appointment last Friday and was almost back up to her birth weight - 8 lbs, 8 oz! Her jaundice is improving and she doesn't have to do phototherapy. Overall, she got a great report - she is in the 75th percentile for weight.

We had several outings over the week - Target, the park, and Whole Foods.

Today is my first day on my own, after 2 wonderful weeks with my mom and Tim's mom - thanks so much to both of you for helping us!! I got cleared from the doctor yesterday to drive and carry the baby up and down the stairs and stuff. I feel pretty great - today after I took Wills to preschool, I came home with Jules, took a nap, fed her, ate lunch, and then we went for a walk with Fletch.

Here are some pics from the past week:

1st bath at home

1st doctor's appointment - 1 week old
already holding her head up!
Wills dancing with a box on his head




proud big brother

No comments: